Requirements for 2012 Student of Integrity Scholarship:
The Better Business Bureau of Metro Atlanta Student of Integrity Scholarships are open to any high school senior attending an accredited high school in the following counties: Banks, Barrow, Bartow, Carroll, Cherokee, Clarke, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, Dawson, Dekalb, Douglas, Elbert, Fayette, Forsyth, Franklin, Fulton, Gwinnett, Habersham, Hall, Haralson, Hart, Henry, Jackson, Lumpkin, Madison, Morgan, Newton, Oconee, Ogled, Paulding, Pickens, Pike, Polk, Rabun, Rockdale, Spalding, Stephens, Towns, Union, Walton and White Counties.
There is no limit to how many students may enter from any one school.
The entry is based on four categories:
1. Leadership Skills (Extra Curricular Activities)
2. Community Service
3. Academic Achievement
Please click here for Student of Integrity Scholarship Entry Form
Each category will be judged in the following way:
1. Leadership Skills – 10%
2. Community Service – 10%
3. Academic Achievement – 10%
4. Essay – 70%
Students must submit the following:
1. Leadership Skills – please submit in your choice of written form the leadership skills you’ve shown during your high school years. This can be school activities and out of school activities. Some students simply make a list while others go into more detail for each experience.
2. Community Service – please submit in your choice of written form the organizations you’ve been involved with during your high school years. Please explain what it’s meant to you to be a volunteer and the impact it has had on you.
3. Academic Achievement – please submit a copy of your transcript. If you receive the transcript and it is sealed, please open and make copies.
4. Essay – please submit in type written form an essay on “If I were a CEO...the 5 Principals/Values on which I would build my company and why." This will account for 70% of your score. The essay should not exceed 500 words.
Students are free to add any other information they feel will be beneficial to their entry. All entries must be received at our office by January 31, 2012. Mail entries to the attention of Dottie Callina, BBB, 503 Oak Place, Suite 590, Atlanta, GA 30349. Students must submit three copies of their entry as the entries will be judged by three different people. BBB will not make copies or send incomplete entries. Students who submit incomplete entries will not be notified due to the amount of entries received.
Our six winners will be called after the judging process. The judges are given six weeks to judge all of the entries. All other entrants will receive an email letting them know the outcome.
BBB will present the $1,000 check and award to our winners after the judging. Our winners will be asked to attend a special event in the fall of 2012 as BBB celebrates our 100th anniversary.
If you have any questions, please contact Dottie Callina at firstname.lastname@example.org.